Infused PR and Events was contacted by one of the Women’s March Co-founders to help them manage local and regional public relations for the 2017 Women’s March Convention. Infused was asked to manage and serve as the liaison between the local host committee team in Detroit and the national organizing committee. In the months leading up to the convention, the team led weekly local host committee meetings, pitched and secured media placement in an array of outlets including USA Today, The Huffington Post, and all Michigan based media outlets. Additionally, the Infused team was tasked with managing the Michigan PR and event management of the Sojourner Truth “Ain’t I a Woman” luncheon, honouring U.S Representative Maxine Waters.
The Weekend of events included over 100 workshops, a heart-felt, memorable speech given by U.S Rep. Maxine Waters and an array of advocates and motivational speakers. The workshops were led by both nationally and locally influencers with topics from entrepreneurship to helping the community rise above the current challenges of poverty. The three-day event was an unforgettable, politically “woke” event that gained an abundance of media coverage.
The combined efforts of the Infused PR and Events and the national team resulted in a sold out event with over 5000 attendees and international attention.
- Women’s Convention in Detroit aims to inform, guide
- We’re not done yet: Women’s Convention energizes new wave of feminist activists
- Detroit’s Women’s Convention aims to ‘get real about fighting … oppression
- Women’s Convention expects thousands in Detroit to focus on national, local agendas
- Women’s convention underway at Cobo Center in Detroit
- The Women’s Convention brings fiery speeches, hope to Detroit
- Bernie Sanders backs out of Women’s Convention in Detroit
- Rose McGowan to kick off Women’s Convention in Detroit
- Why the Women’s Convention chose Detroit
- Women’s Convention in Detroit included a strong Jewish presence
- Women’s Convention in Detroit Attracts More Than 5000 Attendees
- Desiree Cooper: Women’s Convention in Detroit Seeks to Build Coalitions
- Three Day Women’s Convention Kicks Off In Detroit Today
- Rose McGowan speaks publicly, kicks off Women’s Convention in Detroit